Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hallo Govnuh!

So this is my first blog. For many years I was adamantly against the idea. Blogging to me was the equivalent of reading Cosmo, cheap writing and a bunch of people writing about their lives with completely unoriginal ideas and uninteresting lives. I would read a blog and it would start off with: So I was going to the store today and blah, blah, blah, blah. Or, the blog would be about someones view on life and again blah,blah,blah, blah, blah. I honestly could care less about so and so's opinion on such and such an issue when in all reality they are regurgitating vomitous material, already published in cheap books or magazines, only they think it is important because it goes on to the internet machine.

But, I have given into the cheap internet equivalent of real conversations and ideas mostly because my computer is broken and I have to write somewhere, so why not here. So I have swallowed my pride and given into the greater good of writing like when I swallow my pride when a girl I'm interested in says she really likes the Green Day or American Eagle and I force myself to smile for the greater good.

Well I guess this is where I write about my life and all of my original ideas on it. Lets see, right now I am listening to the new Death Cab album and I just listened to the a song from the new Coldplay album that is coming out. This morning I had breakfast with the governor of Colorado. I mean, it wasn't just me and him personally, in a small room together. It was rather a larger room with about 200 other people. It was the 5th annual Breakfast for Humanity put on by Habitat for Humanity to present information and give people a chance to donate to the cause. The reason for my presence being that I am the director of Community Involvement for my church (The Journey Community Church) and went because we want to get involved and build some houses for some people. We sat at the "Religious Affiliation" table which meant we sat with all the boring people. I saw another guy with tattoos at another table and I wanted to be at that one. My friend Josh went with me and why, out of everyone else in our group, they sent us I'm not sure. I knew this when Mike said we could go but we both had to dress up and Josh was told not to cuss and I was told to cover up my tattoos. We were about a third of everyone else's age and did not have gray hair.

I realized while I was here that I do not like formal events. Mostly because it involves facades and bullshit. People give long speeches with big words when they could really just say something along the lines of "Look People! Why don't you stop being selfish and build a house for someone!"But I guess it is necessary. I guess I just haven't really gotten into the whole, try to look the part and act important and interested. Perhaps this is because this is the church I grew up in. Where people cared more about how you looked on the exterior than who you were as a person. Perhaps it is because I am tired of being fake and would rather be authentic. So when the governor starts giving speeches I'd rather just have breakfast with him. Maybe this wouldn't be a good thing though, because the whole time he was talking I couldn't get the song, "Umbrella" by Rihanna out of my head and so I would be afraid that if I was talking to him and he asked me a question my only reply would be "You can stand under my umbrella, ella, ella, ella."

Today was a hard day. After the breakfast we had to do a moving job, clean a house and then hear, yet again, some more demoralizing news from critics about our church. But, what can you do. Sometimes days are shitty, but thats when you stop caring and realize the day is over, take a shower, relax, enjoy some relationships, and then put your head down and keep going. I feel like you could do a lot with this attitude.

But yeah I guess that's it. I guess I could sum up my whole day with the statement that if you know any single girls out there, send them my way.

No comments: